- What is a Power Strip?
A Power Strip is a block of electrical outlets that distribute AC power to electrical devices such as computers, appliances, power tools, etc.
- What is surge protection?
Surge protection is the process of shielding your electronic devices from transient voltage, or electrical power surges, that pass through the power strip.
- What is overload protection?
The power strip will automatically switch off when the charging devices plugged into it are drawing more power than the strip is rated to supply.
- How to select the right power strip?
When selecting a Power Strip, there are a few things you need to consider: charging functions, number of outlets, and length of cord.
- Can I use the Universal Series power strips in my country?
Yes. Universal Series power strips are compatible for all countries.
- How can I know whether my power strip has surge protection or not?
Power strip with surge protection usually has a green “protected” indicator light.
- How can I reset the power strip?
Turn off and unplug all equipment that is connected to the power strip. Push the double-break switch to the other position.
- What does Joules or Joule Rating mean?
A Joule is a measurement of energy; a higher number of Joules equates to a greater ability to absorb a surge.
- What does the green “protected” indicator light on my power strip tell me?
If the protected light is out, the power strip is no longer functional. This means the power strip has absorbed its capacity and must be replaced.
- What is the purpose of a circuit breaker on a power strip?
The built-in resettable circuit breaker stops the flow of electricity when the circuit is overloaded.
- How do the USB charging ports work?
These ports are designed to provide charging power to cell phones, tablets, cameras, wireless headsets and other USB charged small electronic devices. These charging ports will enable you to do so without having to use one of the standard AC outlets in your power strip.
- Which power strips can be mounted to the wall?
Power strips that with slots on the back can be easily mounted to the wall.